Join Us! membership in EGPS
Would you like to:
- Connect with others who share your interest in groups?
- Enhance your professional network?
- Increase your knowledge of group psychotherapy, as well as other areas of professional practice?
- Expand your referral base?
EGPS is the premier organization in the greater New York metropolitan region for professionals and individuals who are interested in groups. An affiliate of the American Group Psychotherapy Association, EGPS has been providing training, support, education and collegiality to a broad community of group therapists. We offer membership to individuals with all levels of experience—from trainees to seasoned therapists.
Benefits of Membership
- Reduced rates to all EGPS events, including the Annual Conference, Professional Discussion Groups, and The Spring Event
- A subscription to the internationally renowned journal GROUP, the quarterly publication of the Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society
- The online EGPS Newsletter
- Listing your individual and group practice with our Referral Service
- Participation in our member listserv, which enables you to share information and referrals with other members
- Mentoring opportunities
Categories of Membership
Pick the level of membership that is most appropriate to your situation and needs:
- Clinical: Clinical professionals who are Clinical members in good standing of the American Group Psychotherapy Association. Clinical members of EGPS in good standing may participate fully in the affairs of the Society by such activities as voting, serving on Committees including in the capacity of Chair and holding elected office
- Associate Clinical: Individuals who are Mental Health professionals who meet all the current educational, supervisory and group leadership requirements of AGPA but are not members of AGPA. Associate members in good standing may participate fully in the affairs of the Society by such activities as serving on Committees, including in the position of Chair and may vote and hold elected office
- Student: Individuals who are students matriculated in a recognized certificate-granting program in one of the mental health professions. This membership category is held on a year-to-year basis pending the conferring of a degree or certificate and requires substantiation of student status annually. Student members in good standing may participate in the affairs of the Society by such activities as serving on, but not chairing committees, and may not vote or hold office
- New Professional: New Professionals are those who graduated from such a program within the prior three years
- Retired: Those no longer in practice but who wish to maintain a connection to the EGPS community
FYI - Our Clinical and Associate Clinical memberships are based upon income level
|Membership Class||Annual Dues|
|Clinical or Associate Clinical ($79,000 and under)||$150|
|Clinical or Associate Clinical ($80,000-$113,999)||$175|
|Clinical or Associate Clinical ($114,000-$199,999)||$200|
|Clinical or Associate Clinical ($79,000 and under)||$250|
|New Professional (*within 2 years of graduation, proof of graduation must be submitted with application)||$80|
|Student (*proof of enrollment in graduate program must be submitted with application)||$55|